Due to reader curiosities, we got this video out from YouTube that shows what happens if you microwave a iPhone (or any other smartphone, s...
IIS India conducted a public survey for teenagers on their feelings, emotions, what they love to do and all sorts of things related...
IIS India conducted a public survey for teenagers on their feelings, emotions, what they love to do and all sorts of things related with that. The study was completed a week back and statistics was analyzed in that time. Here is the report on the Eating Habits of teenagers.
A total of 629 replies were collected. Out of the 629 survey participants, 344 people said they eat healthy food like vegetables and fruits, and try to avoid junk food. That's almost a whopping 55% of the answers. Mind you, in this generation, I thought people eat more junk... But I am proved wrong.
106 people opted for "Everything that comes my way", which denotes that 16% teens like both junk and healthy and prefer one on every alternative day. 16% for this category is good under records.
So the remaining 179, as you know, went for junk, constituting 28% of the whole. I feel this is in control and 28% for the modern generation is pretty good compared to standards.
If you were a participant, thank you! The next series of reports will come soon. Stay "tuned" with us!
Well, do you know what led to the discovery of Justin Beiber? (Sorry, I know, you may hate him) It was YouTube. A musician found out tha...
Well, do you know what led to the discovery of Justin Beiber? (Sorry, I know, you may hate him) It was YouTube. A musician found out that Beiber had a lot of talent in him and called him up. He recorded his first song and that was a hit.
That is also what is transforming to reality nowadays. Talented young people are hooking up on Facebook, Vimeo, YouTube and other communities where their talent is noticed. I noticed a lot of Indian talent, too. I had taken a interview of a rising star via e-mail (whose name I can't disclose because the person requested me not to publish due to her privacy reasons), who had been selected for Indian Idol round 3. The person said that YouTube helped her to reach fame.
So the point is, video-sharing communities can earn you name and fame in a couple of days, or who knows, even minutes, maybe! If you are a professional in some area of work, share it in your channel. If, luckily, you get noticed, sponsors may even run after you!
But, as I said, that requires sincere dedication and hard work. If you sing, sing for fun, not thinking it will be considered while selections and trying to correct small mistakes here and there, for it can be recognized and it prints a bad impression on the judge/musician of the particular contest/show.
Got talent? Soar out to the sky! Reach new heights with YouTube, that's my guarantee, just remember- Original content!
I am an Airtel subscriber for my mobile phone. While browsing through the tons of junk news I found some interesting piece of news that ...
I am an Airtel subscriber for my mobile phone. While browsing through the tons of junk news I found some interesting piece of news that is noteworthy for Airtel subscribers and users. A partnership between Airtel and Google now allows Airtel users to access Google's services, like Google+, Gmail, Google Search, Image Search, etc, for free and no data cost would be charged.
To access the service, according to sources, an Airtel user needs to visit http://www.airtel.in/free-zone/ in his browser and then start using Google's services. However, the only restriction is that you are limited to 1 GB of browsing data, which is pretty much for searching and activities like checking email.
These kind of deals between billion-dollar companies should arise often, otherwise, how would be benefit?
'Am starting to use it from today peeps, what about you?
We all know he got bail from the court due to insufficient evidence of allegations of spot-fixing in cricket against him. According to...
We all know he got bail from the court due to insufficient evidence of allegations of spot-fixing in cricket against him.
According to current news, the BCCI is conducting a inquiry on Sreesanth and then they will decide whether to award Sreesanth a life ban or not. Sreesanth, after getting his bail, said that "he wants to prove his innocence and play cricket once again". However, with the recent controversies, I don't think he can ever make it back to the IPL or the national side.
What do you people think? Is he really innocent? Did MCOCA actually make mistake? Reflect your views in the comment section!
Final result: India wins the ICC Champions trophy 2013. After the rain played with the fate of the match and it looked like India an...
Final result: India wins the ICC Champions trophy 2013.
After the rain played with the fate of the match and it looked like India and England would be declared joint winners, things changed rapidly. It was declared to be a T20 Final match by the umpires and the game was extended to 8:30 PM local time (1:30 AM IST). All thanks and praises to the groundsmen at Birmingham, for the match would not have been possibly without their hard work.
All England needed was 130 runs to win from 20 overs at a minimal run-rate of 6.50 in 20-overs cricket. The game looked as if it slipped away from India's grip but instead it was the acute antonym that happened. With quick wickets falling in succession, England's middle order began to tremble. They were desperate to get both runs and also to build a partnership at the same time, which they couldn't.
MS Dhoni's decision to bring in Ishant at the 18th over proved to be a good decision. Ishant took the wickets of Eoin Morgan and one other batsmen who were well-settled at the crease. The new batsmen didn't have adequate time to settle down and it was a high-pressure match, being the finals.
The last over was bowled by Ashwin. Tredwell needed six in the last ball. We all know slapping six on Ashwin isn't easy, and for a lower-order batsmen, almost impossible.
That's how we won it. Team India is currently the number one ODI-team of the world, consecutively winning World Cup 2011 and Champions Trophy 2013.
You are quite furious now, cursing hell upon the rain Gods of England if you are a sincere cricket fan. The final decision was that the ...
You are quite furious now, cursing hell upon the rain Gods of England if you are a sincere cricket fan. The final decision was that the game would be a 20-over game, and if rain stops play again, overs will not be reduced, but the teams would be declared co-champions, or joint-champions of the last Champions trophy.
The hashtag #RainGoAway has started trending on Twitter, expressing the concerns of the millions of people who have either reached the stadium at Birmingham to watch the match or those who've tuned in the TV to watch the finale.
Currently, the game play has resumed once again. Who knows if India get to lift the final ICC Champions Trophy? All prayers with MS Dhoni and his men in blue. Rain, rain, GO AWAY!
People are frustrated by how people talk to them. They feel they are superior compared to the other person in some ways. Ways, these a...
People are frustrated by how people talk to them. They feel they are superior compared to the other person in some ways. Ways, these are just few. Human relations and philosophy is a long topic. Here I'll give you all basic principles to win friends and make people like you. You can buy the printed edition of this book illustrating the various points with real-life example from the banner above.
Fundamental Techniques in Handling People
Six Ways to Make People Like You
How to win people to your way of thinking?
Be a Leader: Change People!
Politics has taken a U-turn in the last decade in our country. From Rahul Gandhi to Mamata, we have seen a bunch of politicians promis...
Politics has taken a U-turn in the last decade in our country. From Rahul Gandhi to Mamata, we have seen a bunch of politicians promising us a lot of things in exchange of votes. But how many politicians actually did this? None! They ask for votes; win the elections; sit with power, and forget about the promises.The thing with us is that we choose the wrong people to take up the most powerful and responsible places in the government.
I'm not criticizing any particular party or such; I am criticizing the system in general. I know this seems a bit absurd. This might (99% chance, will) never happen, but this is a mere ideology of a good governance. I call this "The Best Politics for the Best Country". Currently, we are in a bad state of governance- unchecked crimes to high corruption amongst people. Worse, people have accepted corruption as a part of their daily lives. Take an example. I went to a school fest last year. People were asked to line up to get tickets. Well, the well-mannered gentlemen and students lined up quickly. Two lines were there. From almost nowhere, a student, probably aged 14, popped in front of me. When I protested to his action and demanded a reason, he smartly replied, "India is corrupted, don't you know that?"
India is corrupted. These words revolved in my mind for the whole day. Even school students think India as a corrupted nation. This impression, if pressed against the young mind, will hamper their progressive thoughts, and they will want the shortcut route to a task every time. They'll never know the true worth of hard work. It was an real life example, not a made-up one.
Here's the system of thought: There would be a government where people elect their netas not according to their cast, religion or position in the society, but according to their leadership skills. These people will form state-based government. There will be no opposition parties, like the CPM in our state, and there will be only one government. You may ask who'll criticize the government if anything goes wrong. Here is where we all fall trap to a big mistake. Blame game is the chief job of the opposition parties nowadays, pointing their fingers to even the minute mistakes made by the ruling party. The public has to criticize. We will inform the leaders that they are mistaken. Politicians won't be given so much power like nowadays. Ultimate power will lie in the hands of public. Public won't have elected people among them, but every common man is the face of the public.
My concept is that, if there is only one government, things can go more smoothly. Politicians from the opposition parties won't be there to create trouble for others. The Judiciary, like now, will be independent and the constitution has to be amended for many cases. Police forces should also be out of the control of the politicians. Only one minister in the state, say "Armed forces minister" will take care of the troops and his partners will assist with other problems with the police like finance, expenses and so on. State done, I'll come to the Union government now.
Like the state government; where there will be only one government. Imagine the Congress and BJP working together. The ideas of Narendra Modi and the inspiration of Rahul Gandhi, fused into one group. There would be no violence at all. Things would go smoothly. There would be union judiciary and state judiciary, like it is currently the Supreme Court and the High Courts, respectively.
Also, in my personal opinion, there needs to be dignity of labour in our society. When people refer us to a farmer, for example, we think how lowly he is. Imagine, if the farmer was not there, what would we eat? Could we even have survived?
I know that these things seems absurd. Things will have to adapt to massive changes. And though it may never turn out to be like this, if you change, India would take a step forward to a bright future.
Internet Censorship has grown drastically over the past few years with countries like China, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Iran taking the lead o...
Which websites are most commonly Blocked?
There are many genuine reasons for which you might visit blocked websites at your school or office. Given below are the many ways you can use to regain access to the blocked website you wish to visit.
1. Cache: Many search engines maintain a cache of web pages indexed by them. You can search for a website on Google , Yahoo! or Bing and click on the cached link that is given next to the result. To load the web pages more quickly, you can visit the text-only version.
3. To access a blocked website, you can enter the IP address instead of the URL in your browser's address bar. This can bypass most basic forms of website blocks. Although if the blocking software maps the IP address to the website domain, the website will still remain blocked. You can find the IP address of the website by pinging the website domain name in command prompt and noting its IP address. Execute ping www.tweakandtrick.com in command prompt to ping www.tweakandtrick.com.
4. Access Blocked Websites using Google Translate or Yahoo! Babelfish. You can also use translational services to get on blocked websites. To do so, enter a language different from the website in the 'From' field and English in the "To" field. You can also use this method to bypass software that block websites on the basis of specific keyword mentions. Just translate the URL you wish to visit in a different language to overcome the keyword block.
5. Proxy Websites: There are many proxy websites (anonymizers) which open blocked websites on their servers and present the data to you. This hides from the service providers the address of the website you are trying to visit. Few popular free ones include HideMyAss, Anonymouse andKProxy.
6. Use RSS Readers for Accessing Restricted Blogs: All blogs syndicate their content via RSS feeds which you can subscribe to in web based RSS Readers like Bloglines to access blocked content. For example, the RSS feed of this blog is located athttp://www.tweakandtrick.com/rss.xml.
7. Use IP Address to Decimal Conversion: If you cannot access blocked websites, you can enter the decimal number of the URL's IP address to get access to restricted websites. Search Google for IP to Decimal + IP Address of the banned website and Google will convert it into decimal. Enter that into your browser's address bar and see if the blocked website opens.
8. Create a 2 layered Unblocker: Just go to Google Translate or Yahoo! Babelfish, open any proxy website inside it and then use that proxy website to access your blocked website. In this way, you can achieve two layered website unblocking.
9. TOR: TOR or The Onion Router is a free software that protects the privacy and security of its users by channeling data through multiple nodes so as to prevent the orginal data from being unscrambled. Although browsing through TOR is a bit slow, it is one of the most effective ways of bypassing restricted websites.
10. Nyud.net: To unblock blocked websites, just add nyud.net to their URL. For example, if this blog (www.tweakandtrick.com) is blocked, you can visit it by going towww.tweakandtrick.com.nyud.net.
11. Opera Mini Simulator: Opera offers a web based version of Opera Mini to allow users to get an experience of what it is like. You can use this demo version to access most websites that offer their mobile versions. Even websites that do not offer a mobile version can be viewed through this, although the quality of the results obtained may not be that good.
12. Changing DNS servers: A common way of blocking websites is preventing DNS servers from giving the locations of the blocked website's servers. In such a scenario, changing your DNS servers to OpenDNS's or Google's DNS will be your best option to get over the block. As an additional advantage, this will also increase your internet speed.
13. VPN Software: VPN or Virtual Private Network Software can be described as a tunnel under the public network that offers more anonymity than proxy websites as it also encrypts the data transferred by the blocked website thus, offering complete anonymity when you access your favorite web applications. Although most VPN software are available as paid software only,HotSpotShield is a popular free alternative.
14. IP Hiding Software: Sometimes, websites block users on a particular IP address from visiting themselves. In such cases, free IP hiding software like UltraSurf can be used to visit them. While free software offer very less features as compared to paid ones, they are still effective for overcoming most common blocks.
15. Edit your host files: Some malware and blocking software edit your host files and add a website's address to prevent you from visiting that website. In such a scenario, you can edit your host file with Notepad by visiting “C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc” if C is your system drive and remove that website. In Windows Vista and Windows 7, a warning from UAC might be displayed while editing your host files.